While we respect everyones right to free speech and expression, all comments and submissions. Those comments or submissions that are not suitable for public viewing or fail to abide by these rules will not be posted:
- Post material that infringes on the rights of any third party, including intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights.
- Post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by Birmingham Friends of the Earth in its sole discretion.
- Post advertisements or solicitations of business.
- Post chain letters or pyramid schemes.
- Impersonate another person.
- Allow any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments.
- Post the same note more than once or “spam.”
Birmingham Friends of the Earth reserve the right (but is not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
- Remove communications that are abusive, illegal or disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform with these Terms and Conditions.
- Edit or delete any communications posted on the blog feature, regardless of whether such communications violate these standards.
We recognize that the Web is a 24/7 medium, and your comments are welcome at any time. However, given the need to manage resources, moderating and posting of comments will occur during regular business hours Monday through Friday. Comments submitted after hours or on weekends will be read and posted as soon as reasonably possible; in the majority of cases, this means the next business day.
To protect your own privacy and the privacy of others, please do not include personally identifiable information, such as name, Social Security number, addresses, phone numbers or email addresses in the body of your comment. In no circumstances will comments be posted that contain personally identifiable information.