We are proud to be able to offer placements to university students. We have had students from across the UK as well as from different countries and from a variety of different courses.
Why undertake your placement with Birmingham Friends of the Earth?
- A placement with BFoE, gives you the opportunity to learn new skills, meet new people and make a difference in the fight against climate change.
- You can either undertake the placement in person at our office or a mixture of office and remote working.
- There is a wide range of activities to get involved with such as campaign planning, communications, outreach, graphic design, research and much more!
- You will be supported by volunteers and the Campaigns Support Worker throughout your placement.
How to apply for a placement with Birmingham Friends of the Earth
If you’re interested in undertaking a placement with us then send us an email to email@example.com with a copy of your CV and a covering letter outlining:
- why you want to do your placement with us,
- what you are studying,
- what skills you would like to develop and
- your placement dates
When we have received your email we will arrange an informal chat to talk through the placement. It will provide an opportunity for you to find out more about the organisation and see if we are the right fit for you.
Once we have confirmed your placement, we will arrange another call. As each placement is different, we will talk through your interests and the skills you want to use/develop and put together a tailored placement plan.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01216326909 and ask for the Campaigns Support Worker.