Voluntary 1-2 days a week. Birmingham based
Are you looking to gain new skills and experience? Are you an enthusiastic individual who cares about Birmingham? Are you interested in environmental issues? Then Birmingham Friends of the Earth have an opportunity for you!
Birmingham Friends of the Earth (BFoE) are looking for enthusiastic, outgoing individuals to help us build support and raise awareness for our campaigns.
By volunteering with us you would be providing invaluable support for our campaigns. You could be involved in talking to members of the public on stalls, engaging people at public meetings, and communicating with supporters and the general public via email social media and our website. Your work would be playing a vital role in helping make Birmingham a cleaner and greener city.
As a lot of the work would be based in our office, ideally you would be able to travel regularly to our office in Digbeth. Ideally we are also looking for volunteers who can commit to at least one day a week’s volunteering for at least three months.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Creating and content for the BFoE website and newsletter.
- Writing and sending emails to BFoE supporters.
- Using social media to communicate BFoE activities, campaigns and relevant news stories.
- Undertaking campaign research.
- Campaign administration including processing sign-ups and petition signatures.
- Staffing stalls and talking to members of the public about BFoE and our campaigns.
- Representing the organisation at other events including community fora and building support for BFoE campaigns.
- Helping organise, promote and run BFoE campaign events.
- Attending BFoE campaign meetings to give feedback and keep up to date with campaign progress.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent personal skills with the ability to engage with a variety of different people.
- Excellent team working skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to speak to different audiences and communicate complex ideas simply & succinctly.
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to write engaging articles for both web and print.
- The ability to assimilate new knowledge quickly and apply it.
- Flexibility with the ability to adapt to new and changing situations quickly.
- Knowledge of and interest in environmental issues, and sympathy with Friends of the Earth’s position.
This is an ideal opportunity if you are looking to develop your campaigning skills and gain experience of working in the environmental campaigning sector.
If you are interested then please send us a letter of application along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org If you have any questions please email us at the same address or phone us on 0121 632 6909.