Communications Officer – Local Shops, Waste and Food
We are looking for someone to take on the role of Communications Officer for our action group dealing with issues of Local Shops, Waste & Food.
This will enable the group to communicate what they are doing more successfully to gain support around Birmingham. Tasks include the following:
- Promoting the new epetition to halve the amount of rubbish in black bags http://epetition.birmingham.public-i.tv/epetition_core/view/Halverubbish
- Ensuring the relevant sections of the website are kept up to date
- Looking for case studies of good/bad practice within Birmingham to be written up
- Writing topical pieces for the blog on the areas covered by the group
- Writing articles for the bi-monthly newsletter
- Writing press releases to engage media interest with our campaigns
The time commitment would allow someone to easily fit the role around a full-time job, but you should be prepared to attend 1 or 2 meetings a month (Monday evenings) and have access to a computer with internet connection at home. We do also offer people the opportunity to come in and do it as a part-time internship if they are currently looking for work or are studying and have time during the day.
If you feel you have the skills to do this or have the enthusiasm to learn them given appropriate training (which is available), please contact email@example.com with a covering letter explaining why you would like to do the role and your CV.