The Greenest Government Ever?
On Thursday 2nd June at the Guild Council House at the University of Birmingham Stop Climate Chaos are holding a public meeting to discuss the energy bill.
– Steve McCabe – MP Selly Oak
– Quentin Given – Friends of the Earth
– Patrick Garratt – Director of Purple Frog Property
– Dr Rosie Day – Fuel poverty researcher at Birmingham University
– Cheryl Pidgeon, Midlands TUC
The Coalition has said it wants to be the greenest government ever.
– However, its Energy Bill needs to be much stronger to cut the UK’s climate-changing emissions and shift to cleaner and better ways of living.
– Millions can not afford to heat their homes – so they suffer high bills and ill health. The Energy Bill needs a stronger Green Deal to eradicate fuel poverty and meet climate change targets.
– This meeting is an opportunity to hear from your MP, Friends of the Earth and fuel poverty experts, on how they think the Bill should work.
– It will also be an opportunity to have your say about the policies needed, globally and in our own communities for a sustainable green future.